PARTIAL REOPENING – MAY 6, 2020
We welcome guests back inside some parts of the Birmingham Freightliner facility. The service lobby, parts showroom and driver's lounge are now open for the convenience of our customers. We still will not permit anyone on the premises without a face covering, per the City of Birmingham ordinance that went into effect last week. We will continue our COVID-19 cleaning procedures and will be keeping some areas closed for the safety of our employees and customers. Thank you for working with us during this time. We look forward to seeing you soon.
INDIVIDUALS NOT WEARING A MASK WILL NOT BE ALLOWED IN THE BUILDING – April 28, 2020
The City of Birmingham has passed a new ordinance with regard to the use of face masks in workplaces and businesses. To comply with this ordinance, Effective Friday, May 1, 2020, all employees and visitors to our Birmingham Freightliner, Birmingham location and our Alabama Freightliner, Tuscaloosa location WILL BE REQUIRED to wear a face mask of some type while in the Birmingham Dealership. This will include the main office as well as parts, service and body shop areas.
The ordinance contains these and other requirements:
- Face coverings at all times except in car or home
- Medical grade masks NOT required- can use scarves, bandanas or homemade masks.
- It will be the responsibility of business owners, managers and supervisors to ensure employees and visitors observe the requirement in their place of business.
Failure to comply with this ordinance will be punishable with a fine up to $500 and/or up to 30 days in jail.
TEMPORARY SAFETY PRECAUTIONS TO REDUCE THE SPREAD OF THE CORONAVIRUS – MARCH 27, 2020
Dear valued customer,
Our top priority is your health and the health of our employees. We understand how important it is for you to keep your trucks up and running during these unprecedented times and we will continue to do everything we can to support you as you continue to deliver life-sustaining products.
We have been consistently monitoring and adjusting our operations and policies over these last months and have made the decision to eliminate all external customer and visitor traffic into our individual facilities effective Monday, March 30th at all locations.
Moving forward for ALL CUSTOMERS:
- Although we will have limited personnel on our property, our facility doors will be locked, and our buildings closed to all visitors, including customers and vendors, to limit further physical contact and interaction.
- We will continue to communicate and serve you via telephone calls, emails, face-time sales walk arounds and appointments, truck repairs and service as well as curb side pick-up for parts. Important notifications will be posted on the doors of our locations and will include contact phone numbers for those who “walk-in” to our locations.
- WE WILL NO LONGER ACCEPT CASH AT ANY LOCATION. In addition to your approved customer account, we will be accepting credit cards over the phone and in person. We will now also have the ability to send an encrypted link to drivers to enter credit card information from their smart phone. If a credit card or check is handed to our team, our policy of requiring an ID with the same name remains in place.
SERVICE CUSTOMERS (in addition to the points above)
- When possible, schedule your vehicle service by calling ahead. We will write up a repair order and review it with you over the phone. We will email the repair order with details to you to reply back with your approval. Please include the time you plan to drop off your vehicle. Vehicles can only be dropped off during posted business hours.
- When you arrive, you will not be required to sign any documents onsite. Leave your key in your vehicle. Work will not start until the e-mail approval of the repair order is received.
- Our normal fleet services, not covered above, remain the same. Please continue to use the same numbers and contacts to remain in contact with us, as activities are fluid and may change quickly. We will always do our best to keep you informed of changes as they happen.
- All vehicle touch points will be wiped down and sanitized before work begins and before we return the vehicle to you. If your vehicle is in need of a repair that requires us to remove a mattress or personal belongings in your cab, we will wait the required 72 hours to ensure there is no chance of spreading the coronavirus by touching surfaces not able to be wiped and sanitized before beginning the repair. We will discuss this with you in advance when we review your repair order.
- Payment is required via credit/debit card or check. ID policies still remain in place for these payments. NO CASH WILL BE ACCEPTED AT ANY OF OUR FACILITIES.
- We will call you when your vehicle is ready for pick up to arrange a time. Call us upon your arrival in our lot and we will meet you to give you the keys.
- All drivers’ lounges are closed until further notice. Please arrange for your
transportation before you leave your truck for repair. Because of social distancing, there is no waiting on the premises.
- Call ahead when possible we will have your order ready for you to pick up. Anyone picking up parts at will call should remain in their car and call us upon arrival. We will bring the parts out. If you cannot identify your part, please let us know and we will work with you to help you identify it when you call.
- Parts Delivery will continue on our normal schedule. Please call us with any special instructions for our parts delivery team. We will notify you with any modifications that we may need to make with this process.
- Please advise your drivers to follow signage at each location to help direct them to designated parking and will call/pick-up areas.
- We will continue to have sales teams and customer advocacy teams on site at our locations to work with you on new and used sales including the best possible financing and warranty options. This will be done primarily over the phone or via electronic communications. There are slight modifications to test-driving used vehicles, please speak with your used sales representatives for more details.
Our intention is to do our part to stop the spread of the Coronavirus. We are taking every precaution to help ensure the safety of your employees and ours, yet still keep you up and running. We will continue to communicate updates and will also post updates on peachstatetrucks.com, birminghamfreightliner.com and selectrucksofatlanta.com. We are here and are available to discuss any questions or concerns you have about these new policies and procedures during these challenging and unprecedented times. Thank you for your continued support, we value our relationship with you and appreciate your business.